All of us have to face difficult conversations in the workplace and the way we prepare and approach these can make the difference between a disaster and moving forward positively. Such conversations might involve conflicting opinions, giving feedback, uncomfortable topics, addressing complaints and grievances or delivering bad news.
This insightful course encourages a proactive approach to topics which may be important but difficult to broach and provides a range of tools and techniques for making the process more effective and less stressful for everyone. We introduce a structured and balanced approach which is mindful of workplace legislation and helps participants manage the associated emotions.
- Types of challenging conversations
- Benefits of direct, timely communication
- Preparing practically and emotionally
- Timing and location of conversations
- Determining desired outcomes
- Clarity, caution and compassion
- The role of language
- Strategies for effective outcomes
- Managing emotions and mental health
- Relevant documentation
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.