This course explores the characteristics of genuine empathy and explores ways we can develop it within ourselves to draw upon in our work and lives.
Developing empathy helps our own progress towards emotional maturity and wellbeing, but is also a profound skill for human services professionals, managers, educators, healthcare staff and support workers across a range of industries.
Empathy enriches communication, builds relationships, fosters connection and allows us to “tune in” to others needs to allow us to be more supportive, appropriate and nuanced in our professional practice.
- Understanding empathy
- Cognitive, emotional and compassionate empathy
- Emotional imagination for “feeling with”
- Empathetic communication
- Authentic compassion
- Deep, compassionate listening
- Empathetic relationships and therapeutic alliance
- Utilising empathy to motivate and develop others
- Bridges to healing, collaboration and awareness
- Real-world applications
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.