Solution-focused therapy is a highly practical, outcome-oriented approach which can achieve short-term resolution of a range of personal problems and issues.
Applicable across diverse health, community and education settings, it is a form of structured counselling which supports clients to generate their own solutions.
The SFT framework offers a model of brief intervention which is strengths-based and future focused. Based on a set of conversation tools, it offers a pragmatic approach to addressing a wide range of issues and can be delivered in a clinical or community context. It is suitable for clinicians, along with other human services professionals such as youth workers, mental health workers, human resource professionals and career counsellors.
- SFT assumptions
- Applications, strengths and limitations
- Establishing collaborative rapport
- The miracle question
- Exception seeking
- Coping questions
- Problem free talk
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.