Community consultation is the process of getting people involved in decision-making and community activities. It is all about empowering our stakeholders to play an active role, which typically facilitates better decisions, more support, higher satisfaction with outcomes and a sense of community ownership.
This course explores various types of community consultation as well as specific skills and approaches for doing it effectively. We explore the key principles underpinning effective, authentic and inclusive consultation, along with risks and pitfalls to avoid.
This course also provides participants with a take-home package of tools, templates and resources which will be immediately useable in your own organisation.
- Authentic engagement
- Risks and benefits
- Planning and preparation
- Consultation methods
- Public participant spectrum
- Community engagement principles
- Traditional and digital techniques
- Maximising involvement
- Transparency and trust
- Successful case studies
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.