Following on from our popular “De-escalating Conflict and Aggression”, this more advanced course further develops skills in preventing violence and responding to aggression.
Building on the general skills and techniques covered in the introductory course, this course covers more specialist situations and behaviours which any of us could encounter in the community.
Participants must have attended our introductory course or equivalent to get the most from this more specialist course.
- Behaviour intervention issues
- Assertive communication
- Normalising statements
- Language and message framing
- Mirroring skills
- Recognising and responding to symptoms of psychosis, alcohol and drug effects, panic attack and an actively suicidal person
- Legal issues and duty of care
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.