Like any of us, people with disabilities experience mental health disorders. Yet, identifying and responding appropriately to mental health issues can often be complex when the person also has other disabilities.
How do “psychosocial” and other types of disabilities interact, and what skills do workers need to identify and support clients with a dual diagnosis?
This course explores the relationship between disability and mental health and is ideal for disability professionals and other support people seeking a better understanding of mental health.
- Understanding mental health
- Identifying the relationship between psychosocial and other disabilities
- Signs and symptoms
- Causes and risk factors
- Integrated service options
- Talking about mental health with clients
- Best practices for client support
- Links between mental health and disability sectors
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.