Our world is a diverse mosaic of cultures, genders, ages, abilities and backgrounds.
Research clearly shows that workplaces that embrace diversity and create a welcoming culture for everyone enjoy a range of benefits such as higher productivity, loyalty and work quality, lower absenteeism and presenteeism, better working relationships, lower staff turnover and simply being better places to work.
This insightful course explores the many facets of workplace diversity and shifts the inclusion paradigm from something we do to accommodate minorities, to something we do so everyone feels welcome and included.
Exploring concepts of intersectionality, personal difference, privilege, cultural inclusion, unconscious bias and systemic advantage, we invite participants to become collaborators in creating a great workplace and celebrating diverse strengths.
- Diversity and inclusion planning
- Privilege and intersectionality
- Adaptive tools for comfort and inclusion
- Becoming visibly, proactively inclusive
- Tools for collective wellbeing
- Identity, stereotypes and stigma
- The power of inclusive language
- Unconscious bias and systemic discrimination
- Benefitting from unique strengths and individual difference
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.