Person-centred care is all about responding to individual needs and preferences when providing health and community services.
In an era of consumer-choice funding and sector evolution, service provision is all about moving beyond the “one size fits all” approaches of the past, to individual focus, personalised planning and responsive, nimble services.
This engaging and stimulating course invites participants to discover ways to support self-determination and utilise practical tools for providing genuinely individualised services, while balancing considerations such as duty of care, financial constraints and organisational requirements.
- Traditional vs individualised approaches
- Identity, diversity + citizenship
- Personalised planning
- Strengths-based practice
- Enhance choice and control
- Recognise consumer expertise
- Source further support
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.