Suicide intervention skills are very important, but they rely on a trained person being available and present at a time of suicidal crisis, which is not always the case.
A suicide prevention plan is a powerful prevention tool which contains personalised strategies which a suicidal person can draw upon, even if they are alone when considering an attempt.
This important training course provides participants with the skills and resources to create an effective and personally meaningful plan to help save vulnerable lives.
It includes an inspiring range of templates, ideas and approaches to suit a range of different needs, including adults and young people.
While designed for mental health and community services professionals looking to apply these skills with clients, this course also welcomes anyone who would like to develop a prevention plan for personal or family use.
- The role and purpose of the plan
- Recommended formats
- Factors for effectiveness
- Personalised approaches
- Facilitating plan development
- Plan ownership
- Community support and resources
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.