Just as young people have specific mental health issues and needs, so too do older Australians.
Mental health symptoms and best practice responses do vary with age, and age-related cognitive changes also impact mental health.
Join us for this insightful and practical training session which will help participants gain an understanding of the mental health needs of older people and respond effectively to clients and loved ones.
- Generational differences in mental health attitudes and experiences
- Signs, symptoms and causes
- Distinctions between mental health and cognitive symptoms
- Specialised communication skills
- Care-giver strategies
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.