If we carry intergenerational trauma (and we do) then remember, we also carry intergenerational wisdom.
And with the struggle of post-traumatic stress also comes the potential for post-traumatic growth.
The profound life impacts of trauma are well documented and wide reaching. And while the fallout and implications of exposure to trauma can indeed be devastating, the experience can also act as a springboard to personal growth and wellbeing.
Grounded in research and solidly evidence-driven, this course explores the potential for leveraging positive transformation in the final stages of trauma recovery.
Without negating the real damage trauma can cause, this course offers a hopeful perspective for the potential of human beings to transform a negative into something adaptive and positive, and how services can support this process.
- Understanding trauma
- The healing process
- Elements of growth
- Resilience and transformation
- Causes and predispositions
- Case studies of healing
- Tools to facilitate growth
- The role of mentors and peers
- The post-traumatic growth inventory
- Story sharing and giving back
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.