Dissociation is a mental process where a person disconnects from their thoughts, feelings, memories or sense of identity. Surprisingly common, dissociation is the third most common psychological disorder - after depression and anxiety.
This insightful course explores the nature of dissociative illnesses and provides a stigma-free overview of causes, symptoms and treatments.
Covering a range of diagnoses, the course takes a compassionate and recovery-focused approach to identifying, managing and responding to dissociative experiences and related symptoms, and how professionals and others can best offer support.
- Symptoms and types
- Common causes
- Emotional and behavioural effects
- Links to other conditions
- Treatments available
- Providing practical and emotional support
- Developing self-awareness and management
- Community resources and support
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.