Traumatic events often have a second wave of impact on those who surround and support the direct survivors. In doing the important work of engaging with and helping those who have been traumatised, supporters are often personally impacted.
This important workshop is designed for first responders; health, emergency and community workers, along with those providing personal support. It may also be useful to those who have observed a serious incident or support someone who did.
- The nature of vicarious trauma
- Preparing for adversity
- Recognising symptoms
- Links with PTSD
- Impact of multiple/ongoing exposures
- Self-care for professionals
- Mitigation and resilience strategies
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.