A majority of Australians experience some form of depression at some time in their lives.
This practical and accessible workshop is firmly focused on evidence-based information about what actually works for managing and recovering from depression and provides a suite of tools and approaches which anyone can use in a personal or professional context.
Along with providing often surprising information about the nature and trajectory of depression, we explore and sample a diverse range of methods and techniques which can be selected and combined, to suit individual needs and preferences.
- Understanding depression and its types
- Signs and symptoms
- Causes and risk factors
- What works: exploring treatments, services and approaches:
- Medical treatments
- Psychological treatments
- Complementary therapies
- Diet and lifestyle factors
- Social factors
- Self-help and other alternatives
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.