Along with the potential mental health challenges anyone can face, Aboriginal social and emotional wellbeing is strongly linked to traumatic histories, experiences of discrimination and cultural issues.
Led by an experienced Aboriginal trainer, this course is designed for anyone who works with Aboriginal people and would like to gain insight into mental health and wellbeing through an Aboriginal cultural lens.
We explore a range of common mental health issues and how these are often experienced by Aboriginal people.
This course focuses on how to recognise warning signs of mental health issues in self and others, and what to do in response. We explore preventative measures, how to talk about mental health, intervention skills and how to find appropriate help.
- Understanding Aboriginal mental health
- Recognising warning signs
- Talking about mental health
- Practical intervention
- Promote help seeking
- Supporting clients and colleagues
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.