This course is designed to develop skills to lead and facilitate group activities and discussions in a variety of community, professional and health settings.
We explore how to lay the foundations for effective group processes and what it takes to create safe spaces and keep participants engaged. We will develop the skills required to “hold the space” for groups and encourage healthy sharing and respectful exchange, while managing personalities and challenges.
Covering both the practical and interpersonal skills involved, we provide participants with a suite of adaptable tools for working with different types of groups and guiding processes which educate, enrich and support participants.
- Facilitation role
- Group purpose
- Ground rules and boundaries
- Group safety and communication
- Leading group discussion
- Tools for tricky situations
- Trouble shooting
- Taking care of yourself
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.