This insightful course explores the nature of psychotic illnesses and provides a stigma-free overview of causes, symptoms and treatments.
Covering a range of diagnoses, including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and drug induced psychosis, the course takes a compassionate and recovery-focused approach to identifying, managing and responding to delusional thinking and other symptoms.
This course is designed to help mental health workers and others who have contact with people experiencing these illnesses. It provides background knowledge and understanding, along with practical ways to provide more supportive and effective services.
- Symptoms including hallucinations, delusions and flight of ideas
- Condition onset and progress
- Emotional and behavioural effects
- Links to other conditions
- Treatments available
- Providing practical and emotional support
- Developing self-awareness and management
- Community resources and support
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.