Far from being a trivial administrative document, client records and progress notes are key tools in recording client progress, demonstrating our duty of care and informing decision making.
This important and practical course will help participants improve their documentation, making records more effective, relevant and efficient. It includes direct practice of all the skills covered, with individual feedback, along with take-home tools and templates for use in future writing.
- Types of records
- Suggested formats
- Improved writing style
- Inclusive and respectful language
- The legal and practical role of client records
- ABODE guidelines for case notes:
Accurate, Brief, Objective and factual, Direct quotes, Easily understood
- Legal awareness and compliance including privacy, consent, discrimination, FOI, duty of care evidence, information collection and storage
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.