Over half of people with a serious mental illness are known to misuse substances, while 84% of substance misusers have some sort of mental health disorder.
These statistics are even more troubling in view of the fact that the mental health and AOD sectors were historically very separate in Australia and even today a majority of professionals are not comprehensively dual-trained.
This course explores the complex interrelationship between mental health and substance use and provides an evidence-based approach for prevention, recovery, harm minimisation and providing holistic support.
- Interrelationships between mental health and substance use
- Substance and diagnosis awareness
- Causes, risks and protective factors
- Signs and symptoms
- Chemical interactions between substances and psychiatric medications
- Integrated services and supports
- Best practice for integrated services and supports
- Accessing specialist assistance
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.