Advocacy is all about speaking up about our rights, preferences and needs and communicating clearly about what we want.
Whether you are advocating for yourself, a loved one or a client, this course will provide you with the skills, tools and knowledge to have a real impact.
We will introduce the structured PLANNED approach to advocacy:
Plan, Learn, Ask, Negotiate Needs, Escalate, Document
- Types of advocacy
- Rights and responsibilities
- Identifying clear goals
- Relevant legislation
- Communicating clearly
- The role of documentation
- Accessing information and support
- Advocacy tools and techniques
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.