Advocacy means speaking out on behalf of someone’s rights or best interests, especially if they are disadvantaged.
It is a communication-driven form of change-making, which can be applied to diverse human rights, social justice, legal reform, equity and environmental causes.
Unlike self-advocacy or individual advocacy, systemic advocacy is about wider societal change. How we improve the system to make things better for everyone. It is about long-term, far-reaching change which rewrites the rules.
This course provides foundation knowledge for effective systemic advocacy and explores a range of the most powerful tactics for your campaign.
- Purpose-driven systemic advocacy
- Strategic campaign planning
- Influencing decision-makers
- Linking individual experience and wider change
- Case studies of effective campaigns
- Collaborating for success
- Selecting tools and tactics
- Escalating pressure
- Persuasive communication
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.