Refresher courses are available for individuals who have completed a full two-day Mental Health First Aid face-to-face course or a Blended or Blended Online Mental Health First Aid course, followed by the completion of an accreditation assessment within the last 3 years.
These courses enable accredited Mental Health First Aiders to revise their knowledge and skills, and to extend their accreditation for a further 3 years.
This half-day Standard Refresher Course gives participants an opportunity to refresh the knowledge and skills learnt during the 12-hour Standard Mental Health First Aid Course.
Please note: this course is only suitable for people who have completed the standard two-day course within the last three years. If it has been more than three years, you may attend to refresh your knowledge, but you will be unable to attempt the accreditation assessment.
- Gain an understanding of the latest research in the mental health field
- Learn the three key actions for helping someone feeling suicidal
- Work through complex mental health first aid interactions
- Practise mental health first aid skills.
This half-day course includes
- Take-home Mental Health First Aid Manual (latest version)
- Afternoon tea and refreshments
- Optional post-course assessment and formal re-accreditation as a Mental Health First Aider, valid for another three years.