Self-regulation of emotions is a constant process that governs our responses to our experiences and environment.
While expression of emotion can often be healthy, we all need to regulate in order to function in the world and emotional dysregulation can be distressing, chaotic and problematic for interactions with others.
This insightful one-day course explores the processes of emotional regulation and introduces a set of tools and strategies for modulating responses and managing mood, which can be used personally or with clients.
- Distinguishing appropriate from dysregulated emotion
- Primary and secondary emotions
- Distress tolerance skills
- Situational approaches
- The role of mindfulness
- Creative practice
- Managing thought processes
This course includes
- Engaging, up-to-date materials.
- Take-home resource package.
- All day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for.
- Certificate of attendance.